Scheduling an Exploration
Explorations can be scheduled between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Group size should not exceed 32 students for hands-on experiments. For a full list of Explorations descriptions, visit our Explorations page.
Explorations may only be conducted between the months of September and April.
An exploration can be requested by completing this online form: UF Campus Visit Request Form. Demographic information will be requested and must be provided according to the guidelines below.
Cost and Reservation Details
- The cost for each exploration is listed on the Explorations page.
- The maximum number of students per hands-on exploration is 32.
- The maximum number of students per tour is 40.
Demographic Information Requirements
We now require demographic information on your participating students prior to scheduling a visit or equipment request. Please see the questions below for the information that you will need to input in your request form.
- Number (not percentage) of students in your class only by RACE and GENDER in the current school year. Please fill these categories out to the best of your ability and please do not create new categories. Ethnicities are: “Asian”, “Black”, “Hispanic”, “Native Alaskans”, “Native Americans”, “Native Pacific Islanders”, and “White, not Hispanic”.
- Number of students in your class by GRADE LEVEL in the current school year. (Grades 6 – 12)
- How many of your students indicated above are considered special education?
- How many of your students indicated above are eligible for free and reduced lunch?
- What was your source for these numbers and how current is the data? (Please list source and dates)
Unless other arrangements have been made with CPET staff, all explorations begin promptly at 9:00 am or 1:00 pm depending on your scheduled time. Any group that arrives more than 30 minutes past this start time risks their SETS being cancelled. Teachers that change their exploration date or cancel less than 2 weeks prior to the exploration will not be permitted to reschedule and will also be subject to a $100 fee.