The Bench to Bedside program focuses on studies of clinical and translational research, the process by which an idea goes from research and development in a laboratory setting to a product or technique used by doctors/patients in a clinical setting. The program is funded by a Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) awarded to CPET.
Over the 3 years of the Bench to Bedside program, B2B has provided professional development for teachers throughout the state of Florida, as well as lab and curricular assistance for B2B teachers and their students.
- 82 teacher participants have attended the summer institute, from middle and high schools throughout Florida
- Over 750 students have enjoyed classroom visits by the B2B Postdoctoral Fellow
- 439 students have visited the UF campus for a day of hands-on laboratory fun
- Participating teachers have successfully implemented ICORE activities with over 10,000 students
- B2B has hosted 18 curriculum-writing fellows, embedded in UF biomedical research labs