Florida Regional Junior Science, Engineering, and Humanities Symposium
3-Day Science Conference for 9th – 12th Grade High School Students, Select Middle School Students, Teachers, and Parents
“JSEHS introduced me to multiple UF faculty and well-knowledge students who have inspired me to pursue fields of research I never knew existed.” JSEHS Student Participant
Join motivated and talented students and teachers at the 56th Florida Regional Junior Science, Engineering, and Humanities Symposium at the University of Florida on January 27 – 29, 2019.
Sponsored by the University of Florida Center for Precollegiate Education and Training and the Army Education Outreach Program, JSEHS is designed to:
- Search out talented youth and help them develop their interests and abilities in science.
- Assist students in career explorations by revealing opportunities in the sciences.
- Provide recognition and prestige for students who demonstrate aptitude for scientific studies.
- Offer teachers the opportunity to motivate students and update knowledge about current research.
- Demonstrate the vital role of the humanities in the development of scientists and engineers.
While participating in the Florida Regional JSEHS, students, teachers, and parents will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with UF faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students to explore university-level research, learn about science and humanities majors, and discover career opportunities.
- Visit research labs and attend faculty lectures to learn about exciting research and discoveries happening right now!
- Meet like-minded peers during poster sessions, research presentations, socials, and informal networking time.
- Present research at the STEM Research Competitions or during non-completive poster sessions and speaker sessions.
- Discover how the humanities and science weave together and about the interdisciplinary nature of science.
JSEHS is included on the National Association of
Secondary School Principals National Advisory List of School Contests and Activities
The JSEHS is sponsored by:
|Center for Precollegiate
Education and Training
|Air Force Office
of Scientific Research
Comments from Past Participants
“The atmosphere was business-like and adult. Science had a distinct air of importance.”
“The symposium was wonderful! It’s a great learning experience where one has a chance to look into the fields of study they are interested in. It is no wonder that this program has been such a success for thirty-five years.”
“It was an enriching experience to have the opportunity to talk to the actual researchers, not just see them on television or read about them in magazines, journals or books.”
“The ability to nurture our highly motivated students and recognize their talents was a refreshing experience.”