Instructions for Dual Enrolling on the UF Campus
These instructions are for local students. If you are not a local student please visit UF Online Dual Enrollment. All Public School students in Alachua County must complete the forms listed below; please do not apply directly to the Online program. Reach out to your Guidance Counselor for additional information.
1. Contact your Guidance Counselor to request permission to dual enroll. See eligibility requirements here. Some counties will have stricter requirements, such as Alachua, but your guidance counselor will have more details.
2. Print, complete and submit dual enrollment forms prior to deadline. You can print the required forms here.
- Dual Enrollment Application
- The Non-degree Registration Request (NDRR) must be completed online, but you will be able to print a confirmation page (printed confirmation required for Alachua County). If a student is not classified as a Florida Resident by the NDRR, additional paperwork is necessary to achieve in state tuition rates as part of the UF Dual Enrollment program. Our office will follow up with you to provide the paperwork.
- 542 Textbook Form (public school only) – Please leave the textbook portion of the 542 blank until after you have registered for classes.
- Immunization Form – Only new students need to complete the Immunization form. (Fax to 352-392-2344, NOT to the SHCC as indicated). Students under 18 will need their parent/guardian signature on the Medical Treatment Consent Form listed on the Health Compliance website.
Fax, mail or deliver forms in their entirety to the dual enrollment office at CPET. If you are an Alachua County student you will need to submit the completed set of forms to your guidance counselor. Some forms will require signatures from school officials, so please take this in to account. You will receive a confirmation email once your file has been received.
3. All new UF dual enrollment students MUST attend the UF Dual Enrollment on-campus orientation to begin the pre-registration process. Parents are welcome to come with you, but may not attend in lieu of the student. You will automatically be signed up to attend orientation once your paperwork is received in our office. Also, all new UF dual enrollment students MUST attend an academic advising appointment prior to registering for classes. An appointment date and time will be assigned to each individual student. Students will be notified via email the date/time of their advising appointment. Appointments usually take place after orientation and only last about 15 minutes. Please bring a copy of your current high school transcript and AP credits with you to your advising appointment.
4. You will receive an email on how to create your Gatorlink account and password after you have been assigned a UF-ID number. Follow these instructions, then log in to the Student Self Service portal to clear any holds placed on your account. The Student Self Service portal is also where you will register yourself during drop/add, so you will need to become comfortable with its functions.
5. After you have registered for the semester, you may obtain your textbooks (public schooled students, using the fully signed 542 form) from the University of Florida Bookstore located in the J.Wayne Reitz Union on campus. Please fully complete the requested information for each textbook, including title of book, new/used status, publisher, and cost after you have received your syllabus.
6. All textbooks purchased with the Form 542 must be returned to the University of Florida Bookstore by the end of the semester. Any book that the UF Bookstore will not buy back should be taken back to your school district. Transcripts will be sent automatically to your home address and your high school.